Department:107200 Medical Affairs
Be a part of a global team that is inspired to make a difference in the lives of people living with rare disease.
At Travere Therapeutics, we recognize that our exceptional employees are vital to our success. We are a dedicated team focused on meeting the unique needs of rare patients.Our work is rewarding - both professionally and personally - because we are making a difference. We are passionate about what we do.
We are seeking talented individuals who will thrive in our collaborative, diverse, fast-paced environment and share in our mission - to identify, develop and deliver life-changing therapies to people living with rare disease. We stick by our values centered on patients, courage, community, and collaboration to pursue our vision of becoming a leading biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the delivery of innovation and hope to patients in the global rare disease community.
At Travere Therapeutics, we are in rare for life. We continue to courageously forge new paths as we move toward a common goal of elevating science and service for rare patients.
Location: Remote Tri State Area or San Diego
Travere Therapeutics is seeking an Associate Director of Scientific Communications - Publications to support products in the Nephrology therapeutic area, reporting to the Director of Scientific Communications. This position will support the dissemination of scientific/medical data through the development of high quality and medically relevant scientific publications.
- Responsible for steering successful implementation and delivery of Medical Affairs priorities related to publications.
- Partner with cross-functional teams in the development, management, and execution of strategic publication plans, and ensure publication projects are aligned with strategic objectives for assigned products.
- Responsible for ensuring the scientific integrity, quality, accuracy and adherence to timelines and processes of all deliverables of scientific resources.
- Monitor and analyze the medical literature to inform medical strategies and tactics.
- Provide medical accuracy review and fact-checking support to Promotional Review Committee (PRC), Medical Review Committee (MRC) and publication processes as required.
- Maintain records of source publications and fact-checking reference documents.
- Maintain expert knowledge of US and international requirements and guidance associated with scientific publications.
- Contribute to other Scientific Communications and Medical Affairs projects as needed.
- Manage medical communications vendors.
- Bachelor's degree in a Life Science related discipline. Ph.D., PharmD is preferred in Life Science or other related discipline. Equivalent combination of education and applicable job experience may be considered.
- Minimum 6 years in the pharmaceutical industry, with experience in Medical Communications and Publications, Clinical Development, or related experience.
- CMPP certification is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and with cross-functional groups and in a matrix organization.
- Demonstrated ability to produce effective high-quality medical communications outputs: e.g., manuscripts, abstracts, posters, and slide presentations.
- Ability to manage various projects, solve problems, deliver on commitments and work with multidisciplinary teams.
- Strong understanding of current industry guidelines.
- Independent, self-starting individual with a demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to prioritize and work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to travel approximately 15-20%.
Travere Therapeutics, Inc. is an EEO/AA/Veteran/Disability Employer