Associate Director, Product Communications
Requisition Number: PUB 21-001
At Blueprint Medicines, we are creating a blueprint for the future of healthcare. We are a leading company in the personalized medicine revolution with a focus on delivering new medicines that selectively target genetic drivers, with the goal of staying one step ahead across stages of disease. Since 2011, we have leveraged our one-of-a-kind drug discovery platform to rapidly and reproducibly translate science into a broad pipeline of precision therapies. This prolific scientific platform has enabled Blueprint Medicines to deliver approved medicines directly to patients in the United States and Europe, and advance multiple global programs in genomically defined cancers, systemic mastocytosis and cancer immunotherapy.
With two commercial precision therapies and a rapidly advancing pipeline, we are seeking an exceptional candidate to lead strategic product communications for multiple approved and experimental cancer medicines, including GAVRETO (pralsetinib) and the company's wholly owned, EGFR-mutant non-small cell lung cancer franchise. This newly created position will work closely with cross-functional stakeholders to raise awareness and support market development goals for GAVRETO, and contribute to driving the communications vision for emerging oncology franchise opportunities across the company's pipeline. The role will require the development of integrated strategies across multiple communications channels, including traditional, digital and social media. The right candidate is a strategic communications leader with excellent writing skills and the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment. To succeed in this role, it is important to be self-motivated, have a strong understanding of the biopharmaceutical industry, and be skilled in translating scientific content into meaningful messages for external audiences. Reporting to the Director of Corporate Communications, the Associate Director, Product Communications will play an integral role on the Corporate Affairs team and be based in Cambridge.
* Lead the creation and implementation of strategic communications plans for GAVRETO that align with corporate and product objectives, working closely with Blueprint Medicines' global development and commercial partner Roche and Genentech, a wholly owned member of the Roche Group.
* Serve as Communications lead for multiple approved and pipeline cancer products, working closely with cross-functional stakeholders including Clinical Development, Research, Commercial, Medical Affairs and Program Management.
* Lead regular cross-functional team meetings on strategic communications topics for precision oncology franchise; engage with Blueprint Medicines' senior leaders on ongoing basis.
* Contribute to Commercial strategy including product launch support, as well as Medical Affairs and Clinical Development strategies such as clinical trial recruitment, publication planning and execution of congress activities.
* Manage and foster strong relationships with Blueprint Medicines' collaboration partners across precision oncology programs, including Roche/Genentech and CStone Pharmaceuticals.
* Spearhead strategic external communications that support product milestones, including for medical congresses, data readouts and regulatory announcements.
* Manage development of core communications materials, such as key messaging, Q&As, press releases and fact sheets, and facilitate review processes with Legal, Regulatory Affairs and other key stakeholders.
* Develop media strategies to raise awareness of and differentiate the company's precision oncology products, as well as advance market development goals; prepare executives in advance of interviews, facilitate identification of third-party spokespeople and serve as company spokesperson.
* Collaborate within Corporate Affairs to highlight Blueprint Medicines' global leadership in precision oncology; partner closely with Investor Relations and Patient Advocacy Relations; ensure consistent product messaging across corporate communications, including digital/social media channels, and employee communications.
* Maintain strong knowledge of company's oncology programs from R&D to Commercial, as well as evolving treatment landscape in relevant disease areas.
* Own day-to-day management of PR agency partner for assigned programs, with the goal of maximizing the team's impact within agreed-upon budgets.
* Bachelor's degree required; degree in communications, public relations, journalism, science or related field preferred
* 8+ years of experience in biopharmaceutical or healthcare communications, including in product communications, at an agency and/or in-house
* Ability to understand the role and impact of communications on corporate and product strategy
* Strong understanding of the biopharmaceutical industry, spanning drug discovery and development to commercialization, as well as regulatory processes (oncology experience is a plus)
* Exceptional written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to translate complex concepts into compelling messages that resonate with key audiences
* Strategic thinker with proven track record of applying integrated communications plans, including traditional, digital and social media approaches, to advance business goals
* Excellent project management skills to effectively meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities; thrives in a dynamic work environment
* Balances thoughtfulness, such as identifying creative approaches to reach business objectives, with a strong sense of urgency and follow through
* Demonstrated leadership skills, with the ability to foster collaborative working relationships across functions and facilitate effective meetings
* Strong capabilities in managing issues impacting corporate reputation
* Passion for supporting patient-focused mission and serving as an ambassador of our internal culture; commitment to highest ethical standards
* Ability to travel on an ad hoc basis (approximately 5-10%)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Who We Are:
Blueprint Medicines aims to make real the promise of precision medicine to improve and extend life for as many people with cancer and hematologic disorders as possible. Our singular focus is to use our deep understanding of the genetic blueprint of cancer and other diseases to drive transformative rather than incremental progress.
We don't think in small steps. We think in giant leaps.
We are driven by the pursuit of new ideas, new innovations, and new ways of thinking.
We believe diversity is a core strength of our business; embracing different perspectives and experiences strengthens our ability to solve intractable problems.
We know that what each and every one of us does matters and that our success depends on our ability to work together. We believe we are at our best as a company when our employees are thriving and foster a culture that provides opportunities to grow and develop professionally, while also having fun.
Blueprint Medicines, GAVRETO and associated logos are trademarks of Blueprint Medicines Corporation.